Models of PPPsIn the implementation of public-private partnership arrangements, the Commission may use any or a combination of the following modes of private sector involvement
- Build Own Operate Transfer (BOOT); Whereby the private party undertakes to construct, own, and transfer ownership of the infrastructure to government after a considerable duration of operating the enterprise
- Build Operate Transfer (BOT); Whereby the private party undertakes to construct operate and transfer the infrastructure back to the public sector.
- Build Own Operate (BOO); Whereby the private party constructs, owns and operates the infrastructure with no option of transferring to government the ownership of such
- Design Finance Refurbish Operate Transfer (DFROT); The private party designs, finances, refurbishes, and transfers ownership of the infrastructure back to government after operating it for a considerable duration
- Design Finance Build Operate Transfer (DFBOT); Whereby the private party undertakes the designing, construction, financing, operation and finally transfers the infrastructure to the public party
- Concession or Leases; Where the public assets are leased or conceded out to the private party
How The PPPC Conduct Projects?
The PPP project cycle covers five distinct phases; project identification, initial viability assessment, project preparation and development, project procurement and the post contract phase.
Find out more ?